Hyundai Buyer Protection
In these uncertain times, Hyundai is the first automaker in the U.S. to offer a Buyer Protection Program. If, in the first 12 months, you find that you cannot make your payment because of a covered life changing event*, we’ll allow you to return your vehicle and walk away from your loan or lease obligation – and in most cases we will cover most, if not all of the difference.
- Available on all new Hyundai vehicles
- Available to everyone regardless of age, health, or employment history
- 12 months complimentary on every new Hyundai vehicle financed or leased
- Covers up to $7,500 in negative equity
Coverage In Case Of
- Involuntary unemployment
- Physical disability
- Loss of driver’s license due to medical impairment
- International employment transfer
- Accidental death
How It Works
- You finance or lease the new Hyundai of your choice using the financing option of your choice.
- Should you experience any of the covered circumstances noted above, you may file a request for benefit with a Buyer Protection administrator. You must have made at least two scheduled payments and be current on your loan or lease in order to qualify for benefit approval.
- Your benefits specialist will determine the value of your vehicle based on the average of your dealer’s appraisal and the values from leading industry guides.
- Upon benefit approval, you return the vehicle to the selling dealer and pay any Additional Balance Amounts and the amount above the $7,500 Buyer Protection benefit amount (if any).
- You walk away without further financial obligation, leaving your credit rating intact.